We’re Hiring !
Creative Marketing Manager
About Uprise Africa:
Uprise.Africa is South Africa’s only equity crowdfunding platform for entrepreneurs and retail investors. We are looking for a passionate and flexible Creative Marketing Manager to join us in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Our mission is to change the world by connecting entrepreneurs around the African Continent with the capital they deserve to make their dreams come true and, most importantly, provide returns for their investors.
- You are CREATIVE
- You can make things
- You have experience with startups or have a passion for entrepreneurship
- You can do independent research on the internet
- You have excellent written communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
About the Position
This position is available immediately for someone who can work full-time, devote at minimum 25 hours per week but prefer 40 hours. We are flexible with schedules but candidate may not work remotely. Our primary goal for this candidate is education and the potential for permanent hire. Our aim is to encourage entrepreneurship and buffer the ecosystem that supports it. We hope our interns gain practical skills and real-world knowledge they can apply in the industries they’re interested in.
As an in-house Creative Marketing Manager, you will be the online face and voice of the company and will be responsible for driving excellence for effective corporate communication, building stakeholder relationships and online reputation management. You will be the creative brand champion, while supporting the team with inspiration.
The ideal candidate will have meaningful exposure in the creative space, has a passion to create, manage and deliver marketing & incentivised campaigns to help our entrepreneurs achieve their investment goals.
You will be the one to ensure that information mediated is accurate, attractive and ultimately helps our entrepreneurs be successful.
Create – Execute – Measure:
- Create social briefs
- Manage brand identity online
- Create a monthly social media strategy for the company
- Generate traffic on social media platforms
- Manage online communities
- Oversee marketing engagements with Entrepreneurs, incoming campaigns and marketing stakeholders
- Produce creative visuals and content assets for social media and paid advertising
- Create briefs for press-releases and PR engagements
- Find and manage external marketing opportunities
- Create and review content plans and reports, ensuring the content aligns to the strategy.
- Develop and implement online marketing campaigns across a variety of social media platforms
- Track and monitor success
- Deliver monthly performance reports with recommendations
- Create social/channel playbooks or best practices and ensure that these practices are implemented by the team.
- Keep up with new social trends and opportunities within South Africa and Africa.
- Encourage sharing of trends, updates, articles and case studies.
- Social listening and looking for the right online conversations to be a part of to foster stakeholder relationships
- Manage stakeholder issues and social crises in a timely manner. Always be measuring
- Ensure that deadlines are met.
- Conduct research and uncover marketing opportunities to enhance your creative acumen – Upskill yourself and your team on relevant tools that improve measurement and efficiency collaboration
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelors or equivalent in Marketing, Business or in the Creative space
- Experience within a digital graphic design role and or social media management
- Strong typography, design and layout skills – Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative software/ Photoshop/ InDesign/ Illustrator and other tools for graphic and digital design.
- Familiarity with web design -some knowledge of HTML/CSS /understanding of analytics and user testing
- Creative, driven and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Some familiarity with SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Multitasking and or analytical skills
- The area of responsibility requires creative experience and most importantly a passion to learn and be involved in various company processes from both a strategic and execution standpoint.
- Creative, confident and must love talking to people
- Highly motivated, keen to learn, enthusiastic and has a positive attitude to work
- Able to work on own initiative and to deliver
- Natural ability to build strong relationships and work effectively with all people
- Can work independently, and self-motivated
- Proactive and always willing to offer new suggestions and ideas
- Ability to think on your feet and respond quickly
- This position will propel your career opportunities forward by giving you exposure and real responsibility to make an impact on a growing team.
- A leader and are able to initiate change with an ability to listen
- Don’t gossip and have discretion.
- Have a cover letter and resume that demonstrates strong attention to detail and appreciation for creativity
- 250/ hour
- Potential for full time hire after 3 months
- Endless snacks and drink supply
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
We’re looking forward to meeting you and wish you the best of luck in the recruitment process!
Interested candidates should send via an e-mail referencing “Creative Marketing Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org: a CV (maximum 3 pages) and a cover letter describing your relevant qualifications as well as your motivations for seeking a career opportunity in equity crowdfunding
NB Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.